If you’re a Baby Boomer, it may feel like starting an online business is the last thing you’d be good at.
After all, you may not be that great on the computer. You know what’s going on at work, but you’re only just now getting started on Facebook, and sometimes your son has to help you with uploading photos.
And aren’t all of those “make money online” scams just that – a get rich quick scheme that is too good to be true?
Well, I’m a Baby Boomer and I’m here to tell you that online business is not what you think. I’m also here to show you how you can get in the game of online business, even with little to no technical experience.
Baby Boomers are excellent online business candidates because:
- We’re smart. While Millennials are busy Googling answers to their questions, we’re able to draw on our own experiences and offer richer solutions to today’s problems.
- We’re fast learners. Baby Boomers have seen the advent of technology from start to finish. We remember rotary phones and 8-tracks, but we’ve also evolved into smartphones and satellite TV. In essence, we have “learned how to learn” new technology as it comes out, which makes us perfect candidates for online business.
- We’re tired of trading time for money. Aren’t you sick and tired of working for someone else, putting in so much effort that you end up completely burnt out, only to be passed over for a raise yet again? You’ve probably worked your entire career for someone else, and it’s time to starting designing your own life. Through an online business, you can begin to enjoy all of the things not offered by your job: time flexibility, limitless earning potential, and the opportunity to indulge your creative side.
- We’re passionate. Most Boomers I know – myself included – have a somewhat secret passion they haven’t let themselves fully explore. You might paint on the weekends or attend cooking class once a week. Or you might have a camera or a yoga mat that’s been sitting in the garage for ages because you simply don’t have the time. Starting your own online business is a great way to get back to what you love and make money doing it.
- We’re teachers. Baby Boomers are excellent teachers because many of us are at the point in our lives where we’ve had to pass on knowledge and experience to others. You might have children and grandchildren who you’ve taught, or maybe you’ve moved into a leadership position at work.
Being a teacher easily translates into running an online business. By teaching others what you already know, you’ll be able to find many different ways to “monetize” (make money with) your business. In addition to writing informative blog posts, you can create videos, start a podcast, or even think about becoming a public speaker.
What makes you a great candidate for online business?
photo credit: rawstory.com
I value every review I receive. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU!